13 August 2012

Vacation...


One of the benefits of homeschooling is the flexibility to just get up and go. We did just that! We were off to the beach. We set up camp at Huntington Beach, HOT Huntington  Beach. It was beautiful!

Our Site for the week

Thank the Lord our camper does have an air-conditioner! Honestly, I do not know how people camp in tents as hot as it was, yes, I don't do well in hot heat.  It did rain off and on which gave us an opportunity to head to Charleston for the day. If you have never been, I highly recommend it! What a beautiful city. Needless to say, Donnie and myself were in our element- we are such history buffs!




 We went on a carriage tour, again, something I recommend. The only drawback, I didn't want it to end! The city is just bursting with history. Did you know that the film, The Patriot, was filmed in the  city? The city was covered in dirt, straw and all the lamppost were removed to look back in the day. They even put a women in  big hooped dress over a fire-hydrant to hide the modern day essential. Who would of thought! Anyway, we had a great time on our last minute trip.

We are back at school again this week !  I hope you have  blessed day and we will catch up again on Friday!




No comments:

Post a Comment